Are you seeking your next challenge as a Research Director? We’re looking for a highly experienced and talented individual who thrives on developing solutions and uncovering insights for our biopharmaceutical, medical devices and healthcare clients. This is a senior level appointment and requires passion and enthusiasm for leading business development initiatives and delivering major projects.
To join us, you’ll need a wealth of experience in conducting global primary and/or secondary market research projects within the healthcare and life sciences sector. You’ll have the chance to lead the delivery of research, insights, conclusions and recommendations for a wide range of exciting projects for our clients.
Founded in 2017, 7i Group is a global scientific insights partner which brings an exciting combination of advanced research methodologies, leading edge technology and deep scientific understanding to our clients. We work with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies and healthcare providers and we are passionate about supporting our clients to improve the lives of patients.
Based at the Alderley Park campus in Cheshire, our team offers a unique service to our clients. We offer a blend of specialist expertise across all areas of strategic insight, business analytics and business intelligence solutions and scientific knowledge to enable our clients to understand the complexities of a disease and the competitive landscape.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- 25 days’ annual leave, increasing to 28 days with service
- SmartHive employee benefits platform and employee assistance programme
- Discretionary company bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- The opportunity to join a dynamic and fun team!
Once you join our team, you’ll discover a fast-growing and exciting company where we combine expertise and close partnership to deliver the right outcome for our clients. If you think you would thrive within an energetic and driven business that supports personal growth and development then this could be the role for you.
As a Research Director you’ll be responsible for the identification of opportunities, development of project proposals and the successful delivery of research and insights to our clients. You’ll play an active role in increasing the awareness and demonstrating the expertise of 7i Group both internally as a role model and externally as an ambassador for our company.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide effective and professional leadership to the project delivery teams, coaching, motivating and mentoring other members of the 7i Group team where applicable
- Actively lead a wide variety of research and insight projects for a broad range of customers and business functions
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and campaign initiatives on behalf of the company
- Pro-actively contribute to the development of 7i Group research methodologies, evaluation strategies and research tools in order to address client needs
- Manage client accounts, ensuring a senior presence at key client meetings as required and the delivery of a high quality of service from the project teams
- Be accountable for research design, processes and content including all client and supplier materials for specific projects
- Provide advice, consultancy and a high level of interpretation and direction to clients on research as required
- Keep aware of, up to date with, and fully adhere to relevant compliance and regulatory body guidelines
- Develop and utilise knowledge of hot topics and trends within the research and pharmaceutical/healthcare industries
To join us as a Research Director you’ll need:
- BSc or equivalent, ideally in a life sciences subject
- Extensive knowledge and interest in the biopharmaceutical, medical devices and healthcare landscapes and experience in gathering insight for, and/or applying insights to inform
- Substantial experience of leading/directing primary and/or secondary research projects in the healthcare and life sciences sector
- Significant experience in research methodology, including applied experience of analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Considerable proven experience in leading the production of research outputs including full research programmes, reports and surveys
- Proven track record in winning new business and growing existing accounts
- Considerable experience in writing proposals
- Significant experience of managing large scale and complex programmes and projects
- Proven experience in research and evaluation management, including major project management
- Leadership and management skills including people, performance and budget management
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to delivering high quality work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Has gravitas and credibility with audiences at all levels, both internally and externally, due to style and content of communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management, time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional IT skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Works collaboratively to align plans across teams and create a strong team spirit
- Commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial approach
If you have the talents we’re looking for, this could be your chance to join our exciting and growing company.
Please email email@example.com, attaching your CV and quoting reference JMC/7i/RD.
We will aim to get back to you within 10 working days of your email.
Closing date: 31st January 2021