Scientific Insights Manager / Research Manager
Are you seeking your next challenge as a Scientific Insights Manager? We’re looking for someone who has a passion for uncovering insights in the constantly evolving biopharmaceutical, medical devices and healthcare landscape. Join us and you’ll have the chance to lead a broad range of exciting projects!
If the job title of this role isn’t familiar to you, Scientific Insights Manager is similar to Research Manager.
Founded in 2017, 7i Group is a global scientific insights partner which brings an exciting combination of advanced research methodologies, leading edge technology and deep scientific understanding to our clients. We work with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies and healthcare providers and we are passionate about supporting our clients to improve the lives of patients.
Based at the Alderley Park campus in Cheshire, our team offers a unique service to our clients. We offer a blend of specialist expertise across all areas of strategic insight, business analytics and business intelligence solutions and scientific knowledge to enable our clients to understand the complexities of a disease and the competitive landscape.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- 25 days’ annual leave, increasing to 28 days with service
- SmartHive employee benefits platform and employee assistance programme
- Discretionary company bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- The opportunity to join a dynamic and fun team!
Once you join our team, you’ll discover a fast-growing and exciting company where we combine expertise and close partnership to deliver the right outcome for our clients. If you think you would thrive within an energetic and driven business that supports personal growth and development then this could be the role for you.
As a Scientific Insights Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of research and insight to our clients. You’ll also work on the development of project proposals and identification of business opportunities. You’ll work with our teams to deliver quality research and insight, constantly promoting the 7i Group brand internally as a role model and externally as an ambassador of the company.
Specifically, you will:
- Actively lead a wide variety of research and insight projects for a broad range of customers and business functions
- Identify new business development opportunities and campaign initiatives
- Lead the development of selected proposals, coordinating input from colleagues as required, to enable the business to successfully secure new work
- Pro-actively contribute to the development the 7i Group research methodologies, evaluation strategies and research tools in order to address unmet client needs
- Provide advice and a high level of interpretation and direction to clients on research as required
- Ensure that relevant compliance regulations are implemented as necessary to a high standard
- Develop and utilise knowledge of hot topics and trends within the research and pharmaceutical/healthcare industries (pertinent to our customers)
- Lead and contribute to the ongoing process of developing innovative research methods across the 7i Group
To join us as a Scientific Insights Manager you’ll need:
- BSc or equivalent, in a life sciences subject (required)
- Extensive knowledge and interest in the biopharmaceutical, medical devices and healthcare landscapes and experience in gathering insight for, and/or applying insights to inform
- Significant experience of managing large scale and complex programmes and projects
- Substantial experience of leading/directing primary and/or secondary research projects in the healthcare and life sciences sector
- Understanding of Healthcare Market Research, Medical Affairs and Scientific Communications
- Proven ability to influence and build rapport and credibility with audiences at all levels, both internally and externally, due to style and content of communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good project management, time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional IT skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Ideally, you’ll also have experience of utilising social media and online sources for research.
If you have the talents we’re looking for, this could be your chance to join our exciting and growing company.
Please email email@example.com, attaching your CV and quoting reference JMC/7i/SIM.
We will aim to get back to you within 10 working days of your email.
Closing date: 6th January 2021