PCNs (neighbourhoods) work together at an Integrated Care Partnership (ICP) level (places) and are now looking on from the COVID vaccination programme to reassess other local priorities.
PCN areas of focus as outlined by the NHS for 2021/22 and 2022/232
- Improving prevention and tackling health inequalities in the delivery of primary care
- Supporting better patient outcomes in the community through proactive primary care
- Supporting improved patient access to primary care services
- Delivering better outcomes for patients on medication
- Helping create a more sustainable NHS
Feedback from CCG employees indicates that PCNs are currently evaluating key areas for future focus, aligning with the PCN Direct Enhanced Services, Investment and Impact Fund (IIF), and the Quality Outcomes Framework. Some indicators across both schemes incentivise similar activity and practices may find they can make progress towards both simultaneously.